Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Mommy's Day Out

I'm a stay-at-home mom. This means I don't always have much time for myself. For me, it can get a little depressing at times too feeling like I'm cooped up all the time at home. I do try to get ourselves out of the house throughout the week though on mini adventures.


Adult conversation? What's that? I don't get out of the house much except to take Little Man to story time at the local library. Even then, my conversation with the other parents revolves around our children. I'm lucky if I get to go to the grocery store by myself. Of course, I think many parents can relate to this too.


My soon to be mother-in-law lives about 2 1/2 miles from my fiancé and me. Our son is her only grandchild that lives close. So she's here a lot. She's a nice lady and means well, but she can be a little overwhelming at times. Which tends to get on my nerves more than it should.  But I am grateful for her.


This morning, she called and asked if she could come sit with Little Man for the day. This way, I could go off and do whatever I wanted by myself. I'm grateful she is so willing to come spend time with him because it makes her feel good and I know Little Man will have good memories of spending time with her.


I don't know about other parents out there, but I can't help but feel guilty every time I leave my son with her, or anyone else, for a few hours while I go to the store or go do something for myself. I feel guilty because being a stay-at-home parent is my full time job. In my mind, I shouldn't be leaving my son in someone else's care, especially during the day. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to have the opportunity to stay home to raise my son. When I am out though, I can't wait to get back home to be with Little Man and give him hugs.


I've been told though by other parents that all parents deserve personal time away from their children. I agree. I know if I go a long time without a break, or time for myself, I start getting more frustrated when it comes to taking care of my son.


What do you think parents: Do you feel guilty when someone else takes care of your child?

No comments:

Post a Comment