Monday, December 9, 2013

Speedy Vegetable Soup

I remember as a kid that when we had vegetable soup at home, my siblings and I would stir in pancake syrup into our soup bowl. My mom says we learned it from our dad who got it from his mom. I know what you're thinking, "Ewwwww! Syrup in vegetable soup?" You can think that all you want, but I think it's good.

Ingredients:

2 cans (one 49 ounces, one 14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can (14 1/2 diced tomatoes, undrained

**I also added browned sausage and a package of frozen corn

Directions:

In a saucepan, combine first seven ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes; heat through.

Serves 11

This was a delicious soup. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment